Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The Eigenvalue is off

From STB (who is an imaging pioneer and knows this stuff) I learn how to take algorithms to the next level.



I think Blade Runner was the earliest of all of the "enhances", right? Always loved that one, possibly because Ridley Scott is so careful with his still images in that film. The famous snapshot that for a brief instant seems to breathe with life, the electron micrograph, the family photos the Replicants keep around, and a host of others, bolster the moving images. Most of the others here appear to be just saying "plot device!" but then something has to be the plot device today.

Thanks to an uploader called Dunk3d, this is a nice little montage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.