Monday, July 28, 2014

Jack White slays Pittsburgh

Jack White used Lillie Mae's violin bow to play his guitar during Ball and Biscuit at Pittsburgh on July 27th. Edit: The photo is by tour photog David Swanson.



I can't find any footage of him using it on Yootoob, but a friend who was there described it as the caressing style, rather than the Dazed and Confused "smacking" style.

Until footage appears, here's Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground and Hardest Button To Button from the same show.




2 comments:

KaliDurga said...

Actually, Mr. dylanryanwild snagged that photo from Jack's site. It was taken by David Swanson, thank goodness, because Jack performed the whole bit with his back to the audience. Silly boy. Didn't he know our friend wanted to see that??

Lyle Hopwood said...

That makes sense - I hadn't really considered how an audience member would get that shot. I'll clarify. And yes, that's the sort of thing the crowd would like to see.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.