Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Led Zeppelin - Key To The Highway and other delights

I'm digging (as the kids say these days) the Led Zeppelin remasters series.

Jimmy Page is in charge and he doesn't do any of that "Fuck it, here's a cassette tape we recorded of an Osmonds hit while we were drunk in Tallahassee, let's call it a lost tape" crap.

I listened to the Physical Graffiti one last night, and it's like hearing it for the first time, if hearing it for the first time involved listening to other stuff as well while Jimmy Page himself curated what records were on the turntable. Amazing stuff.

Here's Key To The Highway, the nearest thing to covering an Osmonds hit so far, i.e. not in the same ballpark. It's gorgeous.

And the reversed colors of the third album on the video's splash screen are just great, y'know.




I imagine all the remasters are on YouTube now, which is nice if you can't get hold of the originals. If you can, you'll find that there really is a difference between a YouTube/mp3 and a proper lossless track.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
I sometimes mention a product on this blog, and I give a URL to Amazon or similar sites. Just to reassure you, I don't get paid to advertise anything here and I don't get any money from your clicks. Everything I say here is because I feel like saying it.